Monday, August 9, 2010

90% of Tracking Finished


Hi!

It's the week following Lollapalooza weekend, and while most of my friends are raving about The Strokes reunion performance or how "The Suburbs" makes more sense live, I'm currently raving about my weekend of tracking. Here's how it went down.

Saturday / Day 1:

Dan and I built "Somewhere a Home" from the ground up.
While I laid down the other songs' basic tracks at Jonah's in Albany, I wanted to save this one to work on with Dan. It's such a neat ballad, and the ballads he arranges for his own projects are pretty dern bombastic, and I wanted to take advantage of that.

The song is driven by these ethereal, strummy acoustic guitars. It starts pretty bare bones but ends up a whirlwind of guitar, bass, drums, and piano.

Dan played drums, piano, and bass on it. I rocked everything else. Angie will of course be melodizing with her voice.

Sunday / Day 2:


We spent all of this day adding flourishes to the songs I had tracked with Jonah. Definitely getting detail-oriented, which is nice.

Friends Jonah and Alex stopped by and we all chatted about recording stuff. We finished the weekend ahead of schedule, which was awesome.

This coming weekend, Angie's taking the train in to put the final touches on tracking --her lead vocals. It's gonna be awesome. Mixing is right on the horizon. Can't fucking wait.

-Nick

No comments: